1. Open the Amazon EC2 console.
2. In the navigation pane, choose Security Groups.
3. Copy the security group ID of the security group you're investigating.
4. In the navigation pane, choose Network Interfaces.
5. Paste the security group ID in the search bar.
Note: Be sure that you're searching in the same Region where your security group is located.
6. Review the search results.
Search results show the network interfaces associated with the security group. Check the description of the network interface to determine the resource that's associated with the security group. For example, ELB app/example-alb/1234567890abcdef indicates that an Application Load Balancer with the name example-alb is using this security group.
If you receive a No Network Interfaces found matching your filter criteria message, there are no resources associated with the security group.